Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Fun Day with Friends


So today was a long day but lot's of fun. We had friends in from Jersey. Matt and Kelly came with their 3 and Jon and Mel came with their newborn son (the cutie in the pic). So 3 bigger kids and 3 babies= 1 circus. It was complete chaos all day but everyone had a great time. The kids had fun splashing in the baby pool and just being silly outside. We grilled for dinner and it was yummy. Of course, I'm not quite sure what I was thinking. I envisioned everyone sitting around our dining room table. Um, not exactly how it happened. The kids ended up eating in the kitchen. Jon and Mel had to take shifts because of the baby. People were generally just scattered everywhere but it's all good. No one went hungry. I'm trying not to think about how many WW points I blew through today... I'm just going to get back on track tomorrow. And speaking of back on track I'm HOPING to keep up with the house. It hasn't looked this together since before Funky Chicken was born and I'm inspired. Tomorrow morning I plan on cleaning up and vacuuming and mopping... again. Why do we bother cleaning before people come? It took me about an hour to vacuum and mop and about 2 milliseconds for it to become a complete mess!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

I HATE cleaning...which is why I spend the extra money to have a nice woman come and do it for me! If she didn't come every two weeks, this place would be a dump. Bathrooms are the worst. Remember, you do burn calories during cleaning so maybe you can add in an extra point that day...every point counts!