Saturday, August 23, 2008

Our Great Adventure

We took the kids to Six Flags Great Adventure. We were also joined by my BIL, SIL and niece. Everyone had a great day. The trip took about an hour and 15 minutes and the plan was that Funky Chicken would sleep on the way there. Apparently, she had other ideas. Once there we hit the Safari right away. Boy did FC love it! I took her out of the car seat and let her stand on my lap. She was pointing at the animals and banging on the glass. AJ enjoyed most of it but by the end he had enough. I think he was hungry and ready for lunch, especially since he had low blood sugar when we started. Funky also started to get super squirmy so I put her back in the seat where she promptly fell asleep. She slept for about 20 minutes and that was the poor child's only nap of the day.
AJ was responsible for the quote of the day: "Hey, they (referring to the Safari radio narration) just said Buffalo. I know what Buffalo is... that means spicy!".
This then led to a conversation between the hubby and I in which we tried to decipher what in the world the difference was between various animals such as buffalo, cattle, steer, bull, etc. We both concluded that we didn't have the foggiest idea. This is what happens when you are raised in North Jersey and only see animals on the Great Adventure Safari! Oh, and on a side note my husband had to endure the Safari as a child in a car with broken air conditioning; for those unfamiliar with the Safari windows are NOT allowed to be rolled down.
After grabbing some lunch we then went to the kiddie rides. AJ and his cousin had a great time together. Overall, they were extremely well behaved. The Daddies even got to go on a couple of rides. Of course, my SIL and I believe that this entitles us to some free Mommy time some day. The day went by amazingly fast and the next thing we knew it was the evening. We didn't leave until about 8:30 I believe. There were only 2 inconveniences to the day. The first being that I was on the verge of a migraine headache. I ended up laying down in the back seat for the ride home. The second was that I brought my camera but left the battery in the wall where it was charging. So hopefully my SIL got a few pics and I can update later.